How To Maximize Weight Loss and Burn Fat Faster with Keto
Ketosis- an alternate state of metabolism where your body burns fat for energy is achieved when you follow a diet Low in Carbs and high in Healthy Fats. During nutritional ketosis, fat is converted into ketones and your body starts using these compounds as the main energy source. Several research studies have pointed out that the keto diet plan for weight loss is highly beneficial, especially due to its appetite-suppressing effects.
But achieving a state of ketosis needs some work and planning and can be a little challenging. Here are some effective ways to get into ketosis and burn fat faster:
- Ramping up Physical Activity: During exercise, you deplete your body's glycogen stores which are generally replenished when you consume carbohydrates. The glucose that isn't required gets stored as glycogen. When you work out in a fasted state, it helps drive up your ketone levels, which in turn, helps you burn fat at a faster pace.
- Increasing Your Healthy Fat Intake: Eating a lot of healthy fats can boost your ketone levels and in turn achieve ketosis. A very Low Carb keto diet not only minimizes Carbs but also calls for a high-fat consumption. A Keto diet plan for weight loss usually offers 60-80% of calories from healthy fats. Since fat comprises a large percentage of the keto diet, it is important that you choose healthy high-quality fat sources.
- Making Healthy Food Choices: Include vegetables such as cauliflower, broccoli, pepper, zucchini, spinach, cabbage, eggplants, olives, lettuce, and asparagus and choose dairy products that are rich in fat such as full cream and cheese. Also, add nuts like macadamia, walnuts, peanuts, hazelnuts, and berries such as blueberries, raspberries, and blackberries that are rich in antioxidants.
- Adding Coconut Oil: consuming coconut oil in your diet can help you speed up ketosis as it is rich in medium-chain triglycerides. Unlike other fats, these get rapidly absorbed and get taken to the liver directly, where they can be used for energy or get converted into ketone bodies. Research points out that fat sources with a higher percentage of lauric acid like coconut oil help produce a more sustained level of ketone bodies.
- Going Easy on the Carbs: Minimizing carb consumption is the basis of every keto diet plan for weight loss—your body stores glucose in the form of glycogen in your liver and muscles. When you minimize your carb intake, glycogen stores get reduced and insulin levels decline. This in turn allows fatty acids to be released from fat stores in your body. Limiting your carb intake to 20-50 net grams per day lowers your insulin and blood sugar levels, leading to ketone secretion and thereby, putting you into ketosis.
And the easiest and tastiest way to speed up ketosis is getting keto foods through our Keto Meal Subscriptions. Keto meal delivery is available that is too delicious to be healthy. Lo! Foods is India's largest and most trusted chain of Keto kitchens. From Rolls, Parathas, and Sandwiches to Meals, Desserts and much more, enjoy a wide variety of keto meals designed by our in-house diet experts,and powered by Lo!’s top-rated Keto flours.