Keto Almond Halwa
| Lo! CustomerCare
Almond flour is one of the best-tasting flour alternatives in the keto diet. This versatile keto diet staple enriched with vitamin E, antioxidants, copper, and magnesium can turn a popular Indian sweet keto-friendly with some minor tweaks.
The traditional delish soft almond flour fudge gets a low-carb twist in this keto almond halwa recipe. Remember: The ke(y)to good halwa preparation lies in slow-cooking and stirring well through the process.
- Almond flour- 2 cups
- Full-fat coconut milk- 2 cups
- Roasted coconut powder- ¼ cup
- Sugar-free natural sweetener- 1-2 tbsp
- Cardamom powder- ½ tsp
- To garnish- nuts of choice, 2 tbsp of ghee or coconut oil
- Dry roast the almond flour on a low flame until you notice a nutty aroma
- Add milk to this and stir well constantly in regular intervals
- To this add toasted coconut powder, and cardamom powder and keep stirring until you get a thick, paste-like consistency.
- Then add a natural sugar-free sweetener and mix thoroughly.
- Cook this further until the halwa begins to leave the pan.
- And finally, garnished the halwa with nuts and saffron.
Recipe courtesy: Sophie, My Dainty Soul Curry